Saturday, December 6, 2008

Sausage Tortellini Soup

1 lb. Italian Sausage (I used 1 lb. of turkey breakfast sausage in a roll)
1 Onion Chopped (I used onion flakes for the sake of time)
1 Garlic Clove Chopped ( I think I used 3)
3 14-1/2 oz. Cans Beef Broth (I used two boxes)
2 14-1/2 oz. Can diced tomato
1 8 oz. Can Tomato Sauce
1 Cup Dry Red Wine (I omitted...that is why I used extra broth)
2 Carrots sliced
1 Tablespoon Sugar (I used two Tablespoons Brown Sugar)
2 Teaspoon Italian Seasoning
2 Zucchini Sliced
1 9 oz. pkg Cheese Tortellini

Cook Sausage & Onion; Drain; Stir in all but last two items; Bring to a boil and simmer 30 minutes; Stir in Zucchini and Tortellini and simmer 10 additional minutes. Serve each bowl with shredded Parmesan Cheese.

You can freeze this recipe, just do not add the tortellini. Once you are ready to prepare add tortellini.

No comments: